Electric Equipment is Coming to DBL

Sustainable Land Management (SLM) is all about using practices that protect and enhance natural resources, while also providing economic and social benefits. At DBL, we’re committed to using sustainable practices in all of our landscaping projects, and we’re proud to be taking another step towards a more eco-friendly future by switching to electric blowers.

Electric blowers are an excellent choice for commercial landscaping because they offer several benefits over traditional gas-powered blowers. One of the most significant advantages is their noise reduction. According to a study by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), gas-powered blowers can reach noise levels of up to 100 decibels (dB), which is equivalent to the sound of a chainsaw. This can be incredibly disruptive for workers and the surrounding community, and can even cause hearing damage with prolonged exposure. In contrast, electric blowers have a noise level of around 65 dB, which is comparable to a conversation in a restaurant.

In addition to being quieter, electric blowers are also more energy-efficient and produce no emissions. According to the California Air Resources Board (CARB), gas-powered lawn and garden equipment contributes to about 10% of the state’s total smog-forming emissions, and a single gas-powered leaf blower can emit as much pollution as a modern car driven 1,100 miles. Electric blowers, on the other hand, have no emissions and are up to 90% more energy-efficient than gas-powered blowers, which can help reduce carbon emissions and lower energy costs.

Switching to electric blowers is just one of the ways we’re incorporating sustainable practices into our landscaping services. We also use organic fertilizers and pest control, and we’re committed to water conservation and reducing waste. By implementing these practices, we can help protect natural resources, create healthier outdoor environments, and provide our clients with beautiful, sustainable landscapes.

At DBL, we believe that sustainable practices are not only good for the environment but also good for business. By offering eco-friendly landscaping services, we can attract environmentally conscious clients and differentiate ourselves from our competitors. It’s a win-win for everyone involved.

In conclusion, if you’re looking for ways to incorporate Sustainable Land Management into your landscaping practices, consider switching to electric blowers. They’re quieter, more energy-efficient, and produce no emissions, making them a smart choice for both your business and the environment.


  • National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). (2019). Leaf Blower Noise and Its Effect on Hearing.
  • California Air Resources Board (CARB). (n.d.). Lawn and Garden Equipment.